Once you write a package definition you want to know if it complies with guix standards. Let's try guix lint.
- Write package definition.
- Put the definition into a guix checkout (not your running guix).
- run 'guix environment guix'.
- cd to the checkout directory.
- ./bootstrap && ./configure --localstatedir=/var --prefix= && make
- ./pre-inst-env guix lint my-package
- If you get an 'ERROR: missing interface for module (gnutls)', means that you need to install gnutls. 'guix package -i gnutls'
- After that, you can finally run 'guix lint my-package', and it'll tell you if you have any obvious failures or warnings in your definition.