miércoles, 24 de marzo de 2010

Ada Lovelace day

Ada Lovelace Day is an international day of blogging to draw attention to women excelling in technology.

I could think of several women that have done really amazing work in technological side (audreyt,etc.). I have read some technical books written by women too (Smalltalk-80 The language by Adele Goldberg).

But for me, being involved in software projects is the first step to be (maybe) a great software programmer.

So my 'tribute' to these (still today) pioneer women involved in a world traditionally forbidden to them is a talk by Kirrily Robert at OSCON '09 called "Standing out in the crowd". It's quite interesting IMO. Here are some notes on the talk.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Bon discurs, hi estic d'acord.
Especialment quan ha dit lo de "don't stare".

Good spech, I agree.
Spetially the "don't stare" moment.